Common For all pages
This section shows you how you can have editable content which is the same throughout the site ( NOTE: It is language specific ) .All the navs below are generated using snippets that are included with the framework, edit this content to see how it was generated
Unique Per Page
The Crawler library provides a very easy way to add search engine capability to your site. NOTE: Use the built in Search functionality provided by the framework if you only need to search your site.
- You can start searching not only your local site but also any website out there
- You can set the 'followExternalLinks' to 'true' and the crawler will follow the link to the external website and scrape that site as well.
- If you do not set a search string the crawler will return all links it has crawled
- The title of the link will be the Title of the page, and the description will be the meta description of the page
- You can even specify what HTML Tags you want the crawler to search in
The first time you run the crawler it caches all the crawle results and then the next time it searches the crawle
log making the searches really fast. I would recommend pre-crawling your website the first time as it can take quite
a bit of time if your site is prety big.
NOTE: The Crawle Log is never cleared automaticly, you can do this by deleting the cache file by default it is at: 'writable/crawlerLog/crawlerLog.php'.
NOTE: On some servers like the sourceforge servers which have read only file systems, there will be no cache
file created as a result the searches will be slow every time, not just the first time.
See it working below: